Listening to two Anglo Irish Bank execs joke about a 7 billion euro bailout is nauseating, but are we really surprised conversations like this went on? This recording of an internal phone conversation between the head of the bank’s capital markets area and its director of retail banking was uncovered by The Irish Independent. The good stuff starts 2 minutes into the tape. Anglo Irish was liquidated in February 2013.
Author: Vincent Ryan
- Fed Offers Liquidity to Foreign Central Banks Matthew Heller
- Fed Loosens Examination Reins on Banks Matthew Heller
- Square Analysts React to FDIC’s Conditional Banking License Approval Source: Benzinga
- Plan Now for an Orderly Transition from Libor Charles Abraham and Laurence Karagulian, Mazars USA
- Fed Adopts ‘Stress Capital Buffer’ for Big Banks Matthew Heller
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets