Listening to two Anglo Irish Bank execs joke about a 7 billion euro bailout is nauseating, but are we really surprised conversations like this went on? This recording of an internal phone conversation between the head of the bank’s capital markets area and its director of retail banking was uncovered by The Irish Independent. The good stuff starts 2 minutes into the tape. Anglo Irish was liquidated in February 2013.
Author: Vincent Ryan
- Grayscale Bitcoin Trust Becomes An SEC Reporting Company Source: Benzinga
- Goldman Reorganizes to Highlight Retail Shift Matthew Heller
- NY Regulator Seeks Banks’ Libor Transition Plans Matthew Heller
- Banks Settle Bond Price-Fixing Claims for $337M Matthew Heller
- U.S. Banks’ Earnings Drop 7.3% to $57B in Q3 Matthew Heller
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets