Listening to two Anglo Irish Bank execs joke about a 7 billion euro bailout is nauseating, but are we really surprised conversations like this went on? This recording of an internal phone conversation between the head of the bank’s capital markets area and its director of retail banking was uncovered by The Irish Independent. The good stuff starts 2 minutes into the tape. Anglo Irish was liquidated in February 2013.
Author: Vincent Ryan
- Nio Trades Down After Upsized Equity Offering Prices at Discount Source: Benzinga
- Ally Financial’s Profit Drops by More Than Half Matthew Heller
- Fed Clamps Down on Bank Capital Distributions Matthew Heller
- U.S. Banks’ Profits Sink 69% to $18.5B in Q1 Matthew Heller
- W.Va. Bank Fails After Years of Financial Woes Matthew Heller
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets